My Happiness Blog for the Humanistic Perspective

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happiness

Our Experiment
This blog is an attempt to track the activities that will propel our happiness in psychology class. What do i think about this? well, why not. However, personally, i thin attempts to acheive happiness are often fruitless. This is why self help books are built upon a multi-million dollar industry that guarantees success by following certain steps. In my opinion, the only way to attain the happiness you deserve is through understanding yourself, and not on a series of procedures that you follow rigously. You cant really follow someone's endeavor for happiness, because its really something you stumble upon on your own. =)

Reactions to my Strengths

Your Top Strength
Industry, diligence, and perseverance: You work hard to finish what you start. No matter the project, you "get it out the door" in timely fashion. You do not get distracted when you work, and you take satisfaction in completing tasks.
Your Second Strength
Social intelligence: You are aware of the motives and feelings of other people. You know what to do to fit in to different social situations, and you know what to do to put others at ease.
Your Third Strength
Appreciation of beauty and excellence: You notice and appreciate beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in all domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience.
Your Fourth Strength
Humor and playfulness: You like to laugh and tease. Bringing smiles to other people is important to you. You try to see the light side of all situations.
Your Fifth Strength
Love of learning: You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.


what do i think of my strengths? First, i would like to elaborate of how grateful i am to this online quiz that is now reassuring me that i am a worthwhile person and that i am not a failure. I am profoundly surprised by the results. I never thought that perserverance and diligence would be my top strength. I thought i would be categorized as one of those fun, spontaneous people. I'm really unsure of where i genuinely stand personality-wise. So i wouldn't blame this quiz for being wrong. Maybe im the one who's wrong in judging myself. I'm quite aware of my so-called "social intelligence" but i never thought of it as a strength. I just think i know a lot about people's motives and feelings because i'm more of an emotionally oriented person. I think the third one is the best description of myself. I'm somewhat superficial, and am compulsively obsessed with trying to make myself and things around me as beautiful and perfect as possible. It is a task that wears me out, but i enjoy it. My fourth strength: Yes, i am a tease! just kidding. I am really playful and i like having fun, and having laughing fits. I think this should be my top strength, but personally, i dont even consider it a strength.
My fifth strength: Yes, i do love learning! i love reading books and i love writing essays. i love psychology class. I just want to know as much as possible because it gives you a superior feeling of having the upperhand.

3 Good things and the Random Acts of Kindness-How did you feel?
hmmmm.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home